We’ve provided you with some helpful resources to assist in purchasing, designing and learning more about our industry.
How we have responded to COVID-19:
We remain open as an essential business that supplies the construction industry. However, our operations have been temporarily adjusted in order to protect the health of our employees and customers. We are continuing to provide customer pick ups at all locations and are delivering to sites and shops regularly. Our sales team is on standby to provide support via phone and email.
The following operational changes have been implemented in all offices:
- No contact customer pick-ups. Customers are asked to remain in their vehicle while material is loaded by Colonial personnel. Any paperwork will be emailed to the customer.
- Drivers with deliveries are asked to remain in their trucks until a Colonial employees instructs the driver to a safe unload area.
- Sales travel has been temporarily suspended.
- Social distancing has been implemented in our offices which requires some employees to work remotely. These employees remain accessible by phone and email.
Industry Resources for COVID-19
Our trade associations are providing a vast amount of quality resources that can provide guidance to our industry during these uncertain times. Here you will find links to COVID-19 resources for home builders, geosynthetic users and erosion control professionals.
- Home Builders Association of Richmond (HBAR)
- Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI)
- Institute of International Erosion Control Association (IECA)
- Hydroseeding Infographic: What goes into a tank?
- Product Line Card
- Geotextile Functional Equivalents Chart
- Tall Fescue Lawn Care Fertilization Program : Update Coming Soon!
- AASHTO M288 Selection Guide
- Erosion Blanket Selection Guide : Update Coming Soon!
DOT Buying Guides
Each state’s Department of Transportation specifies a list of approved products for construction related activities on DOT projects. If you’re working on a DOT project make sure you’re buying your states approved products for Erosion Control, Geosynthetics and Stormwater Management. Below you will find the Erosion Control, Geotextile and Stormwater products we supply in the Mid-Atlantic.
You can find specifications for all of the products we carry on their respective product pages. Here are some of are most popular products:
Erosion and Sediment Control
|Release date||Newsletter Content|
|January 2021||What’s New for 2021 at Colonial|
|November 2020||Restoration Project + Holiday Hours|
|October 2020||Inlet Protection Guide + Case Study|
|September 2020||Hydroseeding 101 + Fall Seeding|
|August 2020||Hurricane Prep, Green Infrastructure + Silt Fence Selection Guide|
|July 2020||Coastal Erosion + Artificial Turf Feature|
|June 2020||Erosion Control for Residential Construction|
|May 2020||Retention Pond Article + Stream Restoration Feature|
|April 2020||Spring Seeding in the Transition Zone|
|March 2020||Green Solutions for the Spring|
|February 2020||Bi-Axial Geogrid + Fence Screen Feature|