Pursue a Construction Career at Colonial Construction Materials
Join our Team of Erosion Control Professionals
Are you interested in pursuing a construction career?
If you have previous experience in erosion control, stormwater or turf management, you’ll fit right in with our team. But if you’re new to the industry, we have opportunities for you too!
Apply for open positions on our Indeed Page
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Full Time On-Site remote work not available
Colonial Construction Materials, Inc. is seeking a full-time Sales Administrator for our Virginia Beach location. This person will work in the Virginia Beach office to provide customer support to existing and prospective customers including providing product information, price requests and new orders.
The Sales Administrator will work closely with the Sales and Operations team to process customer requests and input orders in a timely manner including communicating new orders to warehouse personnel.
Sales Administrator Responsibilities:
- Order processing through manual and digital entry
- Write up quotes requests, type quotes and update CRM with quotes
- Assist sales person with general sales requests via phone/email
- Update CRM with sales data including sales call notes, customer contact info, etc.
- Assist sales person through bid process including updating bid tracker, soliciting bidders, and managing bid related documents
- Provide quality customer service to current and prospective customers over the phone and email
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with other sales people and the Operations Manager about orders, price quotes and general customer requests
Office Administrative Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls to office
- Paperwork processing
- Communicate with the Richmond office about paperwork, customer requests, etc.
- General office administration including sorting mail and maintaining office supplies
- Communicate with Miss Utility including calling in tickets and keeping a record of current tickets
The Sales Administrator should be a highly organized and energetic individual that is interested in the construction industry and enjoys working with others. The ideal candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- Shows initiative, is proactive and has a positive attitude
- Works well with others and is a team player
- Collaborates well with others across multiple divisions including Sales, Operations and Warehouse personnel
- Adaptable and flexible
- Communicates professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- The ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to multi-task with ease and expertise
- Must be able to manage a fast-paced working environment
- Masterful computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and the willingness to learn new systems
- Comfortable making and fielding dozens of calls per day
- Excellent time management skills
- The desire and ability to learn and master general product information about erosion control products, geosynthetics, stormwater products, fence and landscape supplies
- Previous knowledge or experience in construction, site-work, or landscaping is strongly preferred
- Experience with generating takeoffs and quotes for project plans is preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of customer service/sales/office administrative experience is required
- High School diploma or GED required, 4 year degree preferred