Pursue a Construction Career at Colonial
Join our Team of Erosion Control Professionals
Are you interested in pursuing a construction career?
If you have previous experience in erosion control, stormwater or turf management, you’ll fit right in with our team. But if you’re new to the industry, we have opportunities for you too!
Apply for open positions on our Indeed Page
Inside Sales – Oilville, VA
Colonial Construction Materials is seeking a full-time Inside Sales Representative for our office in Oilville, VA. The Inside Sales Representative is primarily responsible for providing product knowledge on erosion control products, stormwater products, landscape supplies, geotextiles, fence and general site-work related materials to current, new and prospective customers. This person will work closely with the Oilville and Virginia Beach sales teams to develop, maintain and enhance customer relationships by providing timely, informed and professional information to customer requests via phone and email.
Responsibilities of the inside sales representative include but are not limited to:
· Take orders at the sales counter, over the phone and via email
· Provide prompt responses via phone and email to customer requests for sales/marketing information
· Field and respond to a consistent flow of incoming calls and emails for information, pricing, order updates, etc.
· Educate existing and prospective customers on product information by offering assistance and informed solutions
· Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead
· Develop and master product knowledge of supplied materials
· Manage sales and bid process from start to finish
· Investigate additional bidders for requested estimates
· Research and act on project leads in a timely manner
· Prepare requests for bids from project drawings and send quotes to all customers involved in bid
· Research the project status, obtain status/award feedback from bidders and external sources of information.
The Inside Sales Representative should be a highly organized and energetic individual that is interested in the construction industry and enjoys working with others. The ideal candidate should meet the following qualifications:
· Show initiative, be proactive and have a positive attitude
· Work well with others and be a team player
· Adaptable and flexible
· Communicate professionally, bother verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
· Willing to learn and master a unique product line
· The ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks
· Must be able to multi-task with ease and expertise
· Must be able to manage a fast-paced working environment
· Masterful computer skills and the willingness to learn new systems
· Previous knowledge or experience in construction, site-work, or landscaping is strongly preferred
· Experience with generating takeoffs and quotes for project plans is preferred
· Customer service experience is required
· High School diploma or GED required, 4 year degree preferred
Learn more about compensation and benefits on our Indeed page