Pursue a Construction Career at Colonial Construction Materials
Join our Team of Erosion Control Professionals
Are you interested in pursuing a construction career?
If you have previous experience in erosion control, stormwater or turf management, you’ll fit right in with our team. But if you’re new to the industry, we have opportunities for you too!
Apply for open positions on our Indeed Page
Inside Sales Representative
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Full Time On-Site remote work not available
Colonial Construction Materials, Inc. is seeking a full-time Inside Sales Representative for our Virginia Beach location. This person will work with this satellite office to our Richmond office to provide customer support to existing and prospective customers.
The Inside Sales Representative will be the lead sales person for incoming calls about products and services. This person will provide product information, process price requests and process new orders. Additionally, this person will input new orders into our Order Fulfillment System.
The Inside Sales Representative will work closely with the Sales and Operations team to process customer requests and input orders in a timely manner including communicating new orders to warehouse personnel.
Responsibilities of the inside sales representative include but are not limited to:
- Provide quality customer service to current and prospective customers over the phone and email
- Provide product information via phone and email to current and prospective customers
- Provide verbal and written price quote requests
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with other sales people and the Operations Manager about orders, price quotes and general customer requests
- Input orders into electronic order fulfillment system
- Enter, update, and maintain CRM information on prospective and existing customers
The Inside Sales Representative should be a highly organized and energetic individual that is interested in the construction industry and enjoys working with others. The ideal candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- Shows initiative, is proactive and has a positive attitude
- Works well with others and is a team player
- Collaborates well with others across multiple divisions including Sales, Operations and Warehouse personnel
- Adaptable and flexible
- Communicates professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- The ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to multi-task with ease and expertise
- Must be able to manage a fast-paced working environment
- Masterful computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and the willingness to learn new systems
- Comfortable making and fielding dozens of calls per day
- Excellent time management skills
- The desire and ability to learn and master general product information about erosion control products, geosynthetics, stormwater products, fence and landscape supplies
- Previous knowledge or experience in construction, site-work, or landscaping is strongly preferred
- Experience with generating takeoffs and quotes for project plans is preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of customer service/sales experience is required
- High School diploma or GED required, 4 year degree preferred