Pursue a Construction Career at Colonial
Join our Team of Erosion Control Professionals
Are you interested in pursuing a construction career?
Construction is an exciting and dynamic industry that is full of niche markets. Erosion Control and Stormwater Management is a key component of construction that is going to become more important in the years to come.
If you have previous experience in erosion control, stormwater or turf management, you’ll fit right in with our team. But if you don’t, that’s okay. We understand that not everyone started their construction career in site-work. If you’re new to the industry, we have opportunities for you too!
We look for candidates that are eager to learn new skills and concepts. Whether you’re installing in the field or working face-to-face with customers, it is important to understand not just what we supply and install but why.
Apply for open positions on our Indeed Page
Colonial Construction Materials is seeking motivated laborers to join our installation crews in Oilville, Virginia. This position is for immediate hire and for full-time work (40+ hours per week). Long term and seasonal positions are available.
- Install silt fence, barrier fence and other erosion control products on construction sites
- Work outside in changing weather conditions
- Assist with material loading at warehouse and unloading on site
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Reliable transportation
- Good attendance record
- Previous experience in erosion control will be considered favorable but is not a requirement
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch