80-Megawatt Solar Facility in Altavista, Virgina
Altavista Solar is Campbell County, Virginia’s first utility-scale solar farm.
Location: Altavista, VA
Project Size: 80-megawatt | 720 acres
Critical Products: Silt Fence, Compost Filter Sock, Erosion Control Blankets, Grass Seed, HDPE Pipe and Trash Racks
About the Altavista Solar (VA113)
Altavista Solar near Lynch Station, Virginia was Campbell County’s first utility-scale solar project. The 80-megawatt solar farm covers nearly 720 acres of land in Altavista, Virginia.
DEPCOM oversaw the engineering and construction of Altavista Solar Farm which was developed by Charlottesville-based Apex Clean Energy.
In November 2019, Facebook purchased 61.6MW of the solar site. The solar farm became fully operation in March 2021.
Over the course of two years, we supplied:
- 46,300+ linear feet of silt fence
- 23,900+ linear feet of chain link fence
- More than 7,800 fence posts
- 89,000 square yards of woven geotextile fabric for subgrade stabilization
- 5,000 square yards of nonwoven geotextile fabric for drainage
- Nearly 4,600 rolls of straw erosion control blanket
- 525+ rolls of turf reinforcement mat
- 465 boxes of sod staples for installing rolled erosion control products
Positive Results of Solar Development
Explore More Projects
Oceana Solar Farm
John Rolfe Square
Are you bidding a similar project?
Ask us for an estimate for erosion control products, geotextiles and custom site work solutions.
Fill out the Quote Request form with your project details or give us a call to speak directly to the sales team.